They said that there is no better price after a days hectic work than getting home and rest inside your nest… your bedroom. But have you had any bad day even when you’re at home due to your bland, seen it all and been the same room feeling? Well, whine no more as I’ve got a couple of tips for you that’s just quite simple and doable even without dabbing any expensive additions into it.
- Take that smelly linens out of your room immediately ! That once comfy and candy smelling comforters needs regular washes, including all covered with fabric. Dust mites adds trigger to viruses you should never had.
- Clean those ACU or FCU you have. Call the service provider and have it professionally cleaned. They got the right tools for that and don’t you ever try to DIY if you are not really sure about it.
- Check the floors, corners and under-side of your bed frames. You’re not collecting cottons made of webs… right? Carefully look for damp surfaces that emits bad odor due to fungus proliferation. Wash it and if it needs a patchy repair, better replace the whole portion of that laminate floor or vinyl after you bought some from DIY shops.
- How’s your wall doing? Papers, peel-off paint is an eyesore. Painted walls need occasional process of touch up works. This might be the best time to repaint it with your fave color accentuated with the other old but good condition surfaces.
- Do you always hear that horrific creaking sound of the door every time you open and return it closed? If the door leaf is still in good condition, try to check its hinges… maybe it needs some drop of wd40 to loosen it up and swing without a haste.
- Mirror mirror on the wall maybe it needs replacement after all. Check its sides and corners as you might been blind all these years to notice those blackened spots. You can have it cut and filed its edge to take it out or get the service of a professional as they a couple of suggestions to address it.. to your delight.
So were done with obvious ones, how do we gonna make it look like a 5 starry room…
- Re-arrange the room, by doing so… you get to see “new room” every time you arrive home. Put some highlights such as your newest portrait or painting… imitation will do.
- Control the ambiance through curtains, two layered combo is the best…. the way they have it in Raffles, combined with air purifier that switch on simultaneously with the room switch.
- Change those warm white bar light with the latest LED light of different hue and color for multi-mood experience. The reason those hotel’s put on dimmers is to let its occupants control it according to their suitable moods. See those super dark room once its guest enter its door… its a bad day for him maybe so he don’t wanna see things bright.
- White is pure and immaculate visually. Change your cartooned themed bed covers with pure white linens just the way you’ve seen it during your stay in any hotel. See the difference and feel the difference.
- Lastly, always have a stock of brandy or wine on top of your table… to calmly put you to a goodnight sleep.
There are lot more if we are to wish for a “real 5-star room” conversion of our old bedroom.. and dont forget to ask your wife about it for she must’ve a better idea in the end…. hung your favorite number on the door together with the “do not disturb” sign you got as souvenir way back your mischief years.
Ideas are abound in every corner you are bound. – Paquito
Do you need to consult a pro for your interior design or additional pet projects to your already beautiful home? Keep in touch with the blogger by clicking the button- Contact Me/Share your Idea; Services and Consultancy, and write and send your concerns and i’ll be happy to talk to you.