We can always express our frustration, but how?
It was more frustrating to see patrons of several airlines to berate the airport workers and service providers of something they’ haven’t caused at, where in fact it was with them they could rely on. Does whining, complaining and putting up an ugly picture of frustration. Help to ease the situation or their own fate?
We are entitled to our own rights no objection about it but so those airport workers are, right? I pity those people or passenger who have the temerity to use social media to air their frustration instead of understanding,… Berate those people taking action than hoping for a faster relief. That saddened me up. Aren’t you?
We tend to lose our self control, we fell to a trap of enormous out-of-yourself-instincts that had existed nomadic years ago. I thought were living the best years of our lives where everything comes in handy. Seems we fail to capitalize with the the very obvious that a major incident, I repeat “a major incident” was in the picture. That should’ve been the best anchor of any passengers valid alibi to any commitment they’ve made to every destination, event and whatsoever itineraries each of passengers had.
Things like this are real, happened for a reason we dare not to think about. We easily fall and get to frustrated whenever things aren’t going our way, the way we planned it, the timing we’re expecting it but lo and behold such incident are bound to happen and nobody can predict it as we always hope for the best. We tend to be reactionary instead of being precautionary or proactively trusting our instinct to face such.
Lessons that every passenger and service providers could learn from this predicament are buried deep behind their burstration (bursting frustration) , ;
- Manage your Expectations – by doing so, you are putting limit to the real capacity of those in service, the experience you are bound to have or non at all. A character trait we all possessed but regularly failed to use considerably.
- Divert your attention to something you have an immediate access such as getting primed for the real situation look ahead things like sending an informative letter to your scheduled meetings, conference, business related matters. You gotta doused water to a potential fire. Get my point? Communicate well your situation for them to put limit with their own expectation.
- Don’t fret, stop your anger, control your emotions for you to easily cope with the incident as no one wanted it to happen. Your understanding is a must.
- Reach out, make friends and try to make the most out of it for a better experience. Besides your adventure have started by the time you’ve leave your house main door. Agree..
- Stay hydrated, feed your brain with the right oxygen and in doing so you wont lose focus of what you are experiencing at that moment in time.
- Manage the ground. This is the default action they must take. And they must do it professionally by spreading on the floor their best PR guys to put control with the information dissemination all the passengers need to hear and understand.
- PDCA immediately! The risk was there and an immediate deployment of management system is urgently needed. There should be a go to guy who should’ve act as the Command Post to provide lead towards the goal of immediate resolve. That time was the removal and safety warehousing of an aircraft. Logistics is the number one resource of action. But planning before doing after checking is the best action you can hold on for a resounding result. Analysis Paralysis made it worst as it lengthen the required actual action needed.
- An outstanding MOU or MOA with the Hotels, Inns, Pension Houses is a great way to pacify a demanding customer in this type of business. Did you know why a plane ticket costs that much? You’ve seen the answer days ago. It possess a higher risk in terms of life changing moment relative to commerce, leisure, business and experience. Insurance included.
- Think out of the Box! Not all listed damage control actions are bearable for a very frustrated passenger. They preferred to hear solutions rather than suggestions. That’s entirely different. Does putting up an impromptu concert performance ring a bell? A food catering line will create an atmosphere of cocktail party rather than chaos. Readiness is the key. Tourism should be in every layer of services. What is more fun if we cant do this once every blue moon. Readiness is our water to a potential fire we don’t have any idea when will it transpire.
- Visit the entire team of service ground personnel’s , continuously practice or simulate situation that needs emergency actions. Ground control and response best practices is a 24/7 duty every team members should know about.
Let’s stop the blaming game as it wont bring back the loss time, effort, experiences and frustrations. You cant reset a single brain to forget it, even after you’ve rewarded them of any significant pleasurable presents or its up to you how you may want to call it. Let the people and the company of the Xiamen Airlines foot the bill of the incident for the error made and be rewarded as well for keeping all of its passengers safe and sound during the entire incident. Have we forget that we can always make up of the lost experience, meetings, delayed flights and other tangibles as long as you’re alive? Let me ask you this, can you take back all the souls should the incident resulted to loss of lives aboard the aircraft? You are the judge and you are the victim.
Delayed gratification is better than expecting nothing at all. – Paquito